Thursday, July 5, 2012

Not My Brightest Answer

    I have been stopped and questioned many times in my life by the police, but I have never had one so rude.  I'm guessing that there are either a lot of boy scouts who sell drugs, or the fat ass cop was just that bored. I mapped out my perfect running route, 5.5 miles to the lake, and the same back from the lake after a couple laps of swimming. Halfway point is the gates to the boy scout's camp. As soon as I rounded the curve and could see the camp I was assaulted by red and blue lights.
    "Young lady, do you know why I stopped you?"
    "Because its a major holiday week and you have no kids to take their fireworks away?"
    OK, not my brightest answer. I did however, explain that it was just a joke. And proceeded to hand over my licence and see that I lived in the area. And then explain that I was out running from my small town to the next as training for the Spartan Races. He was exhausted thinking about what that might be after explaining them further. I'm guessing by his round shape and powdered sugar white spots on his shirt that he hasn't seen  a pair of running shoes since before I was born. It would figure that besides my friends and family, the first person to ask me about the races would be this guy.
    He seemed very sure that I was out to buy drugs, in the middle of no where, surrounded by corn fields. Go pop in the old Children of the Corn.. see the opening scene? That is just about what the area looks like. Once he was convinced that I really wasn't out in the middle of corn fields to buy drugs he let me go on my merry way. This is the second time now that I have been stopped out near there and asked if I was there to buy drugs. They can keep stopping me all they want, I have nothing to worry about. The next cop who stops me will get told I am out there for a drug.. its called adrenaline and I get mine for free by pushing myself further everyday. When I complete Death Race, I will be sure that I get a pic in the local paper so those rotund badges can see what I've really been doing out on those country roads at random times of day.
    Time to push a little harder :)

No comments:

Post a Comment