Monday, July 2, 2012

Burpees and Stoppens de Floppens

    "Burp... wha...?" my brain continued on with a litany of swearing that would have made Satan blush. Yeah, I know what and how, but to actually DO one? Just one would have been a victory. Hobie Call I haven't met you yet, but when I do, remind me of my manners to thank you! With another million or two of these, I might not have my lungs implode in the first mile.
    Oh, yes, that first mile.. well, taking your boyfriend may not be the best idea, a mile in and there were more raspberries picked and eaten along the hike than real hiking done, but it was a start and it tested the new "Stoppens de Floppens". Nope, this is not a new product aimed at making all of my Spartan dreams of victory an overnight reality. Its a funny name, said with a bad German accent that my friends and I have been laughing at for years. We refer to our sports bras with this name. In dancing, one sports bra is not always created equal to the next. I believed this to be completely true with one for running as well. I went to a brand I've used for years, before Walmart had them I would go 25 miles to a specialty store to buy them. Danskin High Impact, it barely Stoppens de Floppens. Another period of trial and error till I find the right one for Spartan, I hope Merri (Ive decided to give her a name for the purpose of the blog, albeit not her real name) knows how mentally challenging finding a new Stoppens is.
    Also in Spartan news this week, I am on the Spartan Street Team as well.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment